Course Credit: 2 hours
- Describe how point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS)-guided can be helpful in peripheral (PIV) access and placement.
- Analyze POCUS findings to map venous anatomy and locate optimal site for PIV cannulation.
- Describe the proper technique for performing a POCUS-guided PIV.
- List the common pitfalls to performing a POCUS-guided PIV placement.
Read the ALiEM Pediatric Peripheral IV Access tutorial and then test your knowledge in the quiz below.
- Dr. Scott Sutton
- Dr. Margaret Lin-Martore
PEM POCUS Series
- Series Editor: Dr. Margaret Lin- Martore
- Content Editor: Dr. Aaron Kornblith, Dr. Ashkon Shaahinfar